A bliss of happiness

I’ve been waiting madam inspiration for weeks now. I feel like I’m waiting for something bad to happen, but the past three weeks have been nothing but joy. The only thing that would stop me once in a while from enjoying every moment of my day is to realize how happy I am and to remind myself to thank life. So maybe that’s exactly what I should write about. 

Last night I was celebrating my 17th birthday. I wanted to make this one special not only because this is the last one before the famous number of 18, but because I’ve never been this happy and it is something I wanted to remember until I become old and senile

So when all seventeen of us gathered together for dinner I took a moment for them to listen. With a speech planned two weeks ahead in my hands, I felt a degree of nervous apprehension when I stood up. Although I’m surrounded with probably the best people I could surround myself with at this point of life, I started to shake. My pulse got faster and my voice was trembling. I didn’t understood why do I have a stage fright in front of my closest friends. When I finally started to speak my mum called and my speech was behind ‘Slide to answer’. The phone didn’t even give me a chance to decline. Back to the beginning. By now, my hands are cold and I'm standing on a sesmic focus of an earthquake.

Told them that this was an opportunity for me to gather my closest ones at the same time for one reason only and that is because they are the ones that make me happy. Told them that even though they are completely different personalities and have different interests, styles and opinions they all have one thing in common and that is me, and my love for them. I told them that I don’t care about the fights and generation gaps between them. Some of them had never met before and some had nothing nice to say about certain ones and it all couldn’t matter less. Each and every person sitting there was there because I wanted them to be with me. 

But that wasn’t enough. In everyday life, you forget to thank people for their existence, you forget to say how much you love them. So I wrote a note for every person sitting there, saying how grateful I am to have them in my life. What I love about them and what impact do they leave on me. 

Little did I know, I got to read two of them written by the other two-thirds of the Three of us.

When I filled the room with warm and loving energy that I wanted to accomplish, we enjoyed our dinner. We were all in a good mood, and I couldn’t be happier than I was. With sixteen special hearts around the table, the evening wouldn’t be complete without the person who made it happen.As an excuse to come and see us, my mum brought the cake. I could have brought it earlier but I know she wanted to be a part of the birthday so I left that one on - ‘It would only take the extra place in the fridges, I’ll bring it down whenever you want’. I actually really wanted her to come at least for 10 minutes.

The rest of the evening includes a lot of dancing, laughing and singing.Exactly how I wanted it to be.When I woke up today, I was incredibly proud on how everything turned out, looking pictures and videos, reading happy birthday messages and reactions on the notes they were given. So much planning came out better than expected and now I’m sad because it’s over. I’m still under the impression of probably the best feeling I ever felt thanks to my parents and friends.

 Let it be. Whatever happens, happens for a reason, every tear you dropped, every rainy day, every situation that made you think that you’re stuck in that tired, passive feeling forever is wrong. Trust me I searched for an expiration date on the wrapping paper of feelings and if you don’t print one on the packaging, then there isn’t one. Sadness doesn’t last forever and neither does happiness, but enjoy the moment because memories do. Of course, you have to make them first. Enjoy the moment because I’d rather feel that tingly bliss of happiness just for a second than not know how does it feel.Maybe for me there is a storm coming. Who knows? 

                                     ☔️With love, Mo.



Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Now is good

Reading minds

Clouds ☁️