Reality

There is a certain way that life should go and not everyone
follows the road. I can promise you that I enjoyed childhood as much as possible. I played with Baby Born until the age of 11. I’m not saying that I had a normal childhood, indeed it was far away from a fairytale but I was living it like any other kid, doing all the girly things in my own little bubble. Without knowing anything about life on the streets and isolating myself from reality.
Far away from living under the glass bell and I still didn’t realize what was happening on the other side of my window the whole time.
What happened throughout my life was my reality and step by step I was starting
to explore the land further than my doorstep.
Suddenly, I started to enjoy sitting on the windowsill more
often. Watching all the people passing by and looking down on their hairstyles, I couldn’t help but notice how many of them are wearing hoodies.
Wake up baby girl, there is so much for you to see. Good and
bad, people and places, mentalities and attitudes. Had to get up from the coziest naps, needed to drink an uncountable number of cups of coffee and a year to open my sleepy eyes and get out of my comfort zone.
Well known for ‘always late, she overslept, did you try calling her?’ kinds of situations in daily routines and in life. The same amount of time took me to give reality a chance, a bit later than expected and absent the whole time.
Waking up consists of meeting new people, people who have an
opinion on what reality truly is.
But can we really define it?
We go to sleep and wake up in the same environment, with same reflection in the mirror.
Sometimes I feel like my whole life is a game and that someone is playing with me the same way I played with Barbies. I start to think if my actions actually affect the whole system, and than emotions hit me. I feel the feeling of feelings. I’m real. Everything around me is real, but the stories I hear don’t seem real.
Horrible things are happening and somehow the world turns out so big, that I barely know what happened on the other side of the small town I live in. How should I know the meaning of reality if can’t see the shore on the opposite side of the sea?
I couldn’t sleep without hearing my mum’s voice in the shape of a bed time story. As much as I enjoyed the sound of a fairytale, I have to say, reality adds a different tone to it.
Something like a pinch of salt, it’s never the main ingredient but the meal isn’t complete without it.
Because my reality is someone’s fairytale.
So when I finally got up, drank the last cup of coffee that was the one that got me up on my feet, that’s when I realized what reality is for me.
Reality should be defined subjectively, from one person to another. Reality for me is to have your opinion on the smallest detail you experience, but to go through life with everything except a judgemental mind. To be open to try new things without stepping away from an opinion you formed before. To understand that every bad thing you hear on the news can happen to you and to realize the importance of open eyes.

Imagine what could happen in those eight hours you spend on sleeping every day. Remember that those eight hours are more than enough time for you to have closed eyes and to dream of fantasies and fairytales. The rest of the day filled with reality allows you to get yourself some time off from the duty of living.
As hard as it is when things get rough, with realizing everything written, I’m a lot happier, experiencing a lot less missed opportunities and unfulfilled expectations.
Understanding reality eases your life just because it gets harder to stay disappointed when you know what to expect. When you are prepared because you see clearly what is happening around you.
A lot can change with a slightly different mindset. Don’t resist taking a shot on the good changes. Have an open mind on the theme of having an open mind.
Maybe it will leave you speechless because you weren’t ready for such dramatic change in everyday life. Who knows?
With love,
                                               Mo.

Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Now is good

Reading minds

Clouds ☁️